Updated: Jul 26
What does mean to have your heart’s posture correctly positioned toward God?
The Lord has spoken:
This is a time of Divine REset
This is a time God is calling us to REturn back to Him
God is calling us to come in REalignment
Book of REmembrance
God is calling us to have a heart of REpentance
God is REdeeming the Times
prefix re-: back or again. It is a verb or an action word.
Isaiah 44:22, (ESV): Return to me, for I have redeemed you”
Zechariah 1:3“Therefore, tell the people: This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the LORD Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the LORD Almighty.”
1. Being positioned back to God begins with a true heart of repentance
Acts 3:19-21 (AMP): So repent (change your mind and purpose); turn around and return [to God], that your sins may be erased (blotted out, wiped clean), that times of refreshing (of recovering from the effects of heat, of [a]reviving with fresh air) may come from the presence of the Lord
20 And that He may send [to you] the Christ (the Messiah), Who before was designated and appointed for you—even Jesus,
21 Whom heaven must receive [and retain] until the time for the complete restoration of all that God spoke by the mouth of all His holy prophets for ages past [from the most ancient time in the memory of man].
2. Never miss an opportunity to serve a.Are you serving your pastors? b.Are you assisting the vision God has given them? c. Are you active in an area of ministry? d. Do you use your God given gifts to aid in the success of the ministry?
Colossians 3:23, 24 (AMP) Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as [something done] for the Lord and not for men, 24 Knowing [with all certainty] that it is from the Lord [and not from men] that you will receive the inheritance which is your [real] reward. [The One Whom] you are actually serving [is] the Lord Christ (the Messiah
Colossians 3:23,24 (MSG) Servants do what you’re told by your earthly masters. And don’t just do the minimum that will get you by. Do your best. Work from the heart for your real Master, for God, confident that you’ll get paid in full when you come into your inheritance. Keep in mind always that the ultimate Master you’re serving is Christ. The sullen servant who does shoddy work will be held responsible. Being a follower of Jesus doesn’t cover up bad work.
Shoddy: badly made or done, of poor quality or inferior workmanship
3. Place yourself in a position to be teachable. This requires us to remain in a constant state of humility and be open to correction.
Proverbs 12: 1 (NKJV)Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.
4. Putting yourself in a position to seek Gods Will BEFORE you make any decision for your life puts you in a position for your heart to remain in the right posture. It allows us NOT to be stupid. We have an opportunity to save ourselves from unnecessary setbacks.
5. Be intentional in your pursuit of your relationship with God. We will forever be in pursuit of God until the day we die.
James 4:8 (NKJV): Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
James 4:8 (AMP): Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].
6. Having the correct heart posture will take intentionality on our part. We must rely on the Holy Spirit daily.