1 Peter 5:6 (AMPC) Therefore humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you,
SYNONYM – submissiveness
(this is what God is looking for in all of us)
I was driving home after Sunday dinner with my Father and thinking about the FAST … this complete fast … the 10 Days of Awe and how I know I will need The Lord and even cry out to Him for the Grace to complete the fast.
It then dawned on me… THIS IS HOW THE LORD WANTS US TO LIVE, not just fast. Crying out, depending on Him for strength and direction in everything… on our jobs, with our finances, in our marriages, with our health/dietary habits, with our children, serving as Sons (spiritual, as well as natural).
Then immediately, I asked the Lord to help me live this dependency on Him everyday, not just in the fast.
John 5:19 (AMPC) So Jesus answered them by saying, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, the Son is able to do nothing of Himself (of His own accord); but He is able to do only what He sees the Father doing, for whatever the Father does is what the Son does in the same way [in His turn].
The Lord is calling us to Return to Him, but how do we ‘RETURN’ to the Lord?
Psalm 51:3 (NKJV) For I acknowledge my transgressions,And my sin is always before me.
• How many of us are willing to acknowledge to God and to each other our faults? Apostle shared how he finished ministering once and as soon as he returned to his hotel room, The Holy Spirit began to show him what was in his family bloodline that was blocking intimacy with The Lord…
• Then he looked at what of those things were affecting him directly?
• As he was ministering on Sunday, sharing this experience, I asked the Lord to help me identify ‘the little foxes’ that block my intimacy with Him;
o Sleep dominating me when God has called me to pray at a certain time…
o An internal attitude with others if they don’t agree with me or maybe opposing something I want to do…
o Procrastination with assignments (BIG ONE), which has been a major issue blocking my obedience…
• I recognized months ago that I was carrying a lot of baggage from my family, my past and even things that I refused to let go and it was hindering my relationship with the Lord. Once I acknowledged them, the process of change began to take place…
Returning to the Lord;
Joel 2:12-13a (MSG) But there’s also this, it’s not too late—God’s personal Message!—“Come back to me and really mean it!Come fasting and weeping, sorry for your sins!”13-14 Change your life, not just your clothes.
Before I got saved, I used to have a problem with alcohol. I would get drunk, do or say things that was wrong, drive intoxicated, risking lives, including my own… but I always woke-up the next morning … ohhh, I will never do that again. Ohhh, that was so wrong. THEN THE FAMOUS PHRASE… “THIS TIME IMEAN IT” … but there was no evidence, no consistency, because maybe it would last a couple weeks and back to the old routine…
- how many of us have fallen back to the same old routine since our 40-Day fast last year?
- Or how about the Passover fast earlier this year?
- Or how many of us men who joined Apostle on the 9/11 fast, this past week, found ourselves getting out of character this Saturday or Sunday?
The Lord says to “change your life, not just your clothes”… Returning to the Lord is not about looking good in the eyes of natural-seeing men. This is about a 180degree turn from a way of living that is drawing us further and further away from God.
Returning to the Lord;
Jonah 3:6 New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Then word came to the king of Nineveh; and he arose from his throne and laid aside his robe, covered himself with sackcloth and sat in ashes.
The king arose from his throne… Are you willing to take action? Saying, ‘I will return to the Lord’ is NOT returning to the Lord. The Lord desires from us action that backs-up our words.
The king laid aside his robe. Are we willing to lay aside everything we think we know or our even our reputation?
• In 2019, during our 40 day fast, I still travelled and still reported to work and still participated in meetings. I had several people pull me aside and tell me, ‘THIS IS TOO MUCH, LOOK AT YOU?’ ‘YOU LOOK TERRIBLE AND WE ARE WORRIED’ …what if, I listened? What if I considered my reputation at work?
• Ask yourself, what am I protecting?
Returning to the Lord;
Jonah 3:10 (MSG) God saw what they had done, that they had turned away from their evil lives. He did change his mind about them. What he said he would do to them he didn’t do.
God is using these strategic times for us personally and us The Body of Christ to see our true condition. The Prophet JonathanCahn, as we have been watching the series on The Harbinger pt.2, has clearly shown us God’s warnings for change… God is trying to get us to remove those things that are blocking Him from blessing us, His children.
Genesis 4:7a If you do well, will you not be accepted?
Joel 2:14a Who knows if He will turn and relent,And leave a blessing behind Him—
Psalm 51:12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
Leviticus 26:40-42 But if they confess their iniquity and the iniquity of their fathers, with their unfaithfulness in which they were unfaithful to Me, and that they also have walked contrary to Me,41 and that I also have walked contrary to them and have brought them into the land of their enemies;if their uncircumcised hearts are humbled, and they accept their guilt—
42 then I will remember My covenant with Jacob, and My covenant with Isaac and My covenant with Abraham I will remember;I will remember the land.
John 3:17 AMPC For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.
During this 10 Days of Awe, let the Lord see our RETURN to Him. Let’s make this RETURN to Him; once-and-for-all, permanent, life-altering and worthy of Him changing His mindfor our family bloodline, our household, The Body of Christ and This Nation!